NAWA is a new institution that was established on October 1st, 2017. It is set up to coordinate state activties driving the process of internationalization of Polish academic and research institutions. The mission of NAWA is to foster the development of Poland in the area of science and higher education.
- Support international mobility of students, academics and researchers
- Support the process of internationalization of Polish HEIs and research institutions
- Promote Polish science and higher education
- Promote and popularize teaching of the Polish language
The activities of the National Agency for the Academic Exchange are mainly implemented by means of founding programmes. The following programmes may be financed by the Agency:
- Student mobility scholarship programmes
- Academic staff mobility scholarship programmes
- Scholarships for teachers of Polish working abroad
- Employment costs of academic and teaching staff
- Costs of projects implemented in the area of enhancing the organizational and educational potential of higher education institutions and research centres.
NAWA will set up original programmes, which will support international academic staff and will foster the internationalisation of Polish higher education institutions and research centres. Efforts will be made to ensure that not only do new programmes respond to various development needs of academic and scientific communities, but they also support higher education institutions implementing their internationalisation plans. Programmes offered by NAWA will also take into account the daily administrative situation of academic and teaching staff and their institutions. Therefore the proposed programmes underwent sequenced consultations during the preparatory process leading up to the establishment of the Agency. As a result, more than 20 programme proposals were developed in different areas of the Agency’s activities. These programmes have to be approved by the NAWA Council which will be appointed in the last quarter of the year 2017. Having obtained the opinion on the programme proposals, the Agency will be able to develop their regulations and launch calls for proposals.
Programmes for foreing students:
- Scholarships for the Polish diaspora
- The Stefan Banach Scholarship Programme
- The Ignacy Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme
- Exchange programme for students and scientists as part of bilateral cooperation - offer for incoming students and scientists
- PROM programme