Second level studies in Medical Biotechnology at the Faculty of Biotechnology enable students to develop skills in solving problems arising in experimental work. Individual master's dissertation projects coordinated by the Faculty's research and teaching staff serve this purpose. The second cycle program reflects the specificity and high quality of scientific research of the Faculty's 15 research groups.
What can you learn?
A graduate of Medical Biotechnology:
- possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of biological sciences, in particular of biochemistry and medical biotechnology, that is essential to perform professional duties in interdisciplinary manner
- is proficient in using bioinformatics tools and literature in the English language in his or her professional work;
- is prepared to discuss scientific issues;
- knows how to arrange individual and team work in the laboratory in accordance with the principles of bioethics and safety;
- has knowledge of the implementation of research and application projects,
- knows the principles for the creation and development of individual entrepreneurship and is well informed in the market of biotech companies;
- is able to facilitate his or her further learning and career planning;
- speaks English at B2+ level and uses professional English vocabulary related to biology, biochemistry, biomedicine and biotechnology.
The program lasts 2 years (4 semesters). To obtain a master's degree, students must write and defend a master thesis.
The course starts if the minimum number of 10 students will enroll.
More info here.
Timetable for 2020 admission:
15.07.2020 - deadline for submitting the applications
24.07.2020 - ranking preparation
31.07.2020 - final decision on admissions
- Bachelor or Master degree certificate
- Transcript of grades/supplement from bachelor or master studies
- Certificate confirming English Language knowledge on B2 level
- Passport photocopy
- Digital passport size photo
- Cover Letter